Welcome to this new episode of “Bootstrapping Your Dream Show” show. I am Manuj Aggarwal, and I will be having an exciting conversation with Paul Higgins.
Paul Higgins is a business mentor, a podcaster, and a published author who helps coaches and consultants build online businesses to fund lifestyles.
Before starting his own business, Paul worked at Coca-Cola for 18 years, where he served in various senior roles such as marketing director and general manager.
Apart from that, he also has experience in leading large sales teams. Paul has had a tremendous amount of experience in account-based selling, creating channel strategies, and integrating acquisitions.
In his previous role, he was a director for a $700 million business unit.
Paul has sat on advisory boards for $10-50 million range companies and has mentored 271 business owners. His customers ranged from microbusinesses to multi billion-dollar companies and come from diverse backgrounds.
Paul is an author of the book called “Build Live Give” and has a podcast that goes by the same name.
When it comes to hobbies, Paul loves playing golf and is an avid follower of the sport.
Here Paul talks about:
- (1:36) Paul shares the details of his professional journey from working at Coca-Cola to reaching where he is today.
- (3:08) How Coca-Cola works towards becoming even more prominent.
- (6:23) How market and technology-related research was done for physical products such as a cold drink in the 1990s.
- (8:09) How Coca-Cola balanced between retailers and consumers.
- (9:58) Paul talks about how things were different in his new startup from his Coca-Cola days.
- (13:52) How one can help new business owners in getting out of their previous work experience’s mindset.
- (15:40) Paul talks about the difference in work cultures across the globe.
- (17:50) Importance of networking for businesses.
- (20:15) Impact of networking on companies.
- (22:55) How does one get entrepreneurs and executives to work on social networking.
- (25:07) Paul discusses entrepreneurial podcasts by giving information regarding the origin and purpose of his podcast.
- (27:20) Paul shares some learnings which he picked up from some podcasts.
- (29:30) How to get rid of the chaos in your business.
- (32:18) How entrepreneurs can deal with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on their businesses.
- (34:10) How business owners can transfer to online networking as meeting offline isn’t an option for now.
Find Paul on:
Website – https://paulhigginsmentoring.com/
Reach us on:
Read Manuj’s story here: https://him.innerget.com
And his entrepreneurial journey here: https://www.InnerGet.com
Thank you for tuning in!
Do you have any feedback or thoughts? Please leave a comment!
Take care and see ya!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.