It’s been a while discussing how crucial is Cloud Management for a Private or Hybrid cloud, being curious myself I conducted a study on the cloud management software platforms and their rate of being used and liked, the below names are listed as per rating and popularity from highest to low. This article is a simplified and summed up form of the information gathered from SelectHub which is an excellent platform to have guidance about softwares, helps choosing the best software for your company.
BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management software empowers IT to give the business the private or hybrid cloud it deserves. Intelligent, adaptable, and controlled, it’s cloud management software that delivers on high cloud expectations. The BMC CLM platform helps you deliver on the promise of cloud, achieving agility, efficiency, and cost savings that leave static infrastructures in the dust.
– Provides configurable cloud services from a service catalog and self-service portal
– Provisions fully configured services, not just individual VMs
– Enables tight, efficient administrative control
– Allows for intelligent, policy-driven placement and optimization
– Offers broad resource support for physical and virtual, private and public cloud
VMware vRealize Suite is a cloud management platform purpose-built for the hybrid cloud. It provides comprehensive management stack for IT services on vSphere and other hypervisors, physical infrastructure and external clouds, all with a unified management experience.
– Automated Delivery
Automate provisioning and delivery of infrastructure, applications and custom IT services across multiple hypervisors, private and public cloud services through a self-service portal and catalog.
– Intelligent Operations
Manage infrastructure and applications across physical, virtual and cloud environments using predictive analytics and an integrated approach to performance, capacity, log and configuration management.
– Business Insight
Align IT spending with business priorities via full transparency and improved decision-making around infrastructure and application service cost and quality, accelerating IT transformation.
– Unified Management
Simplify management while leveraging existing investments in tools and skills by implementing a single, extensible management platform for physical, virtual and cloud environments.
Gain control of your virtualization environment, and build and manage a private or hybrid cloud. Red Hat® CloudForms can do both with a comprehensive management platform. As your needs change, CloudForms evolves, protecting your investments and providing a continuum of capabilities as you progress toward Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) models.
Like all Red Hat technologies, CloudForms gives you choice and flexibility. It provides a unified and consistent set of management capabilities across:
– Virtual platforms from Red Hat, VMware, and Microsoft.
– A cloud platform from OpenStack.
– The public cloud platform from Amazon.
IBM Cloud Management Suite for System z V1.1 helps you decrease costs and reduce risk by providing a solution to add IBM System z to your cloud infrastructure. The suite reduces cost by providing the ability to quickly and easily provision a workload on to System z through a self-service portal running on a distributed system. It reduces risk by providing the tooling for performance management of the cloud infrastructure and backup and restore of associated workload storage.
– Accelerate the delivery of cloud services, via a fully automated self-delivery model, leveraging a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use orchestration engine. – Monitor the health of the cloud environment, with visibility to IBM z/VM and all Linux on System z guests. – Achieve progressive incremental backup, enhanced storage administration, elimination of redundant files, identification of where deployment packages are to be stored, the storage media on which to store deployment packages, and define retention policies.
HP Cloud Service Automation is the industry’s most comprehensive, unified cloud management platform for brokering and managing enterprise-grade application and infrastructure cloud services. Increase agility, reduce cost and risk, and improve time-to-market of application services with a self-service portal and management platform for multiple cloud environments.
– Reduce service deployment time from months to minutes- Increase server utilization by up to 80%, and reduce TCO by up to 30%
– Broker and manage on-demand application and infrastructure services- Secure environment with multi-tenancy and role-based access
– Manage multiple cloud environments across private, public, and hybrid cloud
With Cisco ONE Enterprise Cloud Suite, you adopt automation at a comfortable pace for your organization. It supports your map to cloud. Whether you are just beginning with infrastructure automation, are ready to branch to a hybrid cloud, or have a different goal, Cisco ONE Enterprise Cloud Suite can keep things moving smoothly toward your vision.
– Automates delivery of unified infrastructure designed to meet each application’s needs
– Reduces the complexity and manual provisioning of virtual network services
– Reduces the number of tools required to support cloud environments
– Reduces time to develop new applications
Offers consistent application delivery
Scalr’s Cloud Management Platform (CMP) addresses the complex and often conflicting needs of an enterprise adopting cloud.
– Reduced operational risk by allowing IT to retain ownership of information security, cost and compliance
– Transparent policy enforcement to control resource placement, role-based access control, change management
– Application environment automation including backup, disaster recovery, application deployment, autoscaling and provisioning
– Reduced supplier risk and vendor lock in with a cloud abstraction layer
– Streamlined and self-service infrastructure provisioning process to increase developer productivity and reduce time to market
– Visibility over and accountability for cloud costs
Support for leading public/private clouds to enable a true multi-cloud strategy.
CA Cloud Manager is an enterprise-grade cloud management platform designed to transform your entire IT operating model with on-demand environments and help you achieve significant cost and time-to-market improvements. It gives your application developers unrestricted access to essential IT resources and enables you to automate the deployment and management of enterprise platforms across private, public and hybrid clouds.
– Deliver greater agility to business and increase time to value.
– Reduce the costs of application deployments and speed release cycles.
– Improves time-to-market
– Mitigates regulatory and compliance risk
– Lowers costs and optimizes resource utilization
Moab® Cloud Suite is an intelligent cloud management end-to-end platform. It provides touchless cloud service optimization across the full cloud service life cycle including agility, cost savings and service performance. Moab Cloud Suite uses the patented Moab intelligence engine to automate service requesting, provisioning, optimization, and management based on multi-dimensional policies that mimic real-world decision making. Moab Cloud Suite enables organizations to create agile, automated and adaptive private clouds or hybrid clouds from their diverse IT infrastructure.
– Reduce service delivery time from weeks to minutes
– Maximize utilization 2x to 3x beyond virtualization alone
Reduce service provisioning and delivery costs by 60-70%
– Reduce maintenance costs by 50%
– Eliminate up to 70% of outage incidents caused by manual configuration errors
Improve SLA and service performance
– Reduce power usage and costs for cloud services by 10-30%
– Enable better service and resource planning decisions or even IT costs re-capture
Dell Cloud Manager enables you to deploy and manage enterprise-class applications across your private, public and hybrid clouds. It provides a suite of tools for managing your cloud infrastructure, including the provisioning, management and automation of applications across the leading private and public cloud platforms. Available as software-as-a-service (SaaS) or as on-premises software that enables you to control the cloud from within your own data centers, Cloud Manager provides agility, governance, and choice for your enterprise.
Cloud Manager helps you meet the economic and operational advantages of cloud computing through a variety of automation tools including auto-provisioning, auto-scaling, automated backups, recovery, cross-cloud bursting and more. This provides consistency across all cloud platforms and enables your organization to improve service levels.
Maintaining control over your systems is crucial to reducing risk. Cloud Manager provides tight access controls including encryption, advanced user authentication and budget management. This enables you to provide only the right people the right level of access to your cloud environment.
With support for all leading public and private cloud platforms, plus access to leading configuration management tools, Cloud Manager offers your organization a unified management solution for your single- or multi-cloud environment. This provides increased efficiency and allows you the freedom to choose the cloud services that work best for your organization.